text

Purchase ClayBeaute creations, learn about polymer clay, start a discussion, or request/commission a piece.

DISCOUNT FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS! Use the contact form in the left navigation to tell me you are following this blog...don't forget to include your username! I will send your discount code to you by e-mail. Your info will never be shared or sold!

Use the contact form to subscribe to occasional emails (separate from the blog posts). Receive a discount code when you subscribe to emails for 1 year!
(Your inbox will not be inundated...I may send 8-10 emails per year.)

Thursday, July 28, 2011

NEW ITEM - Key Chain with Secret Compartment





This was a fun, new project!  The key chain has 24K gold finish and the top screws off to reveal a stainless steel tube/compartment to carry pills/medication (or anything else that will fit).   If you didn't forget your keys, you didn't forget your meds!
I simply used a partial mix of pearl white and copper, made an impression with a rubber stamp and the mica shift technique, rolled the clay smooth in the pasta machine to take out all the texture, and voila!  A sheet of clay to cover the tube.  Then I added a rope textured detail at the top and bottom from a mix of the same two colored clays.  Cure, sand, buff, gloss coat & heat set.  I also made some dimple impressions with my stylus tool and placed a crystal in the center dimple on each side.  This would make a great personalized gift with an initial on one side, as well.  Hmmm....I'll have to try that!
The key ring is substantial, so it will last a long time.  This was my first key chain, but I plan to make more in different colors and styles.  Quite easy to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment