text

Purchase ClayBeaute creations, learn about polymer clay, start a discussion, or request/commission a piece.

DISCOUNT FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS! Use the contact form in the left navigation to tell me you are following this blog...don't forget to include your username! I will send your discount code to you by e-mail. Your info will never be shared or sold!

Use the contact form to subscribe to occasional emails (separate from the blog posts). Receive a discount code when you subscribe to emails for 1 year!
(Your inbox will not be inundated...I may send 8-10 emails per year.)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Apologies...

My apologies to anyone who has checked in only to find I haven't posted for a while.  I do, however, have quite a few new items to share!! 


This is a Patrizio 24K gold finish ball point twist pen with a black Swarovski crystal on the clip. 
The name "Patrizio" comes from the word "patrician" (the governing elite, members of territorial nobility).  
This pen has elegant lines, but has a bit of a "fun" flair with the whimsical star/flower designs in the clay.  This design was achieved by using a pearl clay and the mica shift technique and on the upper barrel of the pen (with the clip) adding a few "slices" of thin clay in the star/flower shape in the darker color clay.  I've created a pen set that includes a mechanical pencil in this style of pen as well, but the finish is in gun metal rather than gold (I'll share that set with you soon).  I was looking forward to finishing the chrome Patrizio pen, but I goofed and damaged it during assembly (aggravating, but it happens), so it will be a bit yet before I get another one.  

Would love to get some opinions from you all about the styles of pens you like the best -- helps when I'm choosing pens to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment