text

Purchase ClayBeaute creations, learn about polymer clay, start a discussion, or request/commission a piece.

DISCOUNT FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS! Use the contact form in the left navigation to tell me you are following this blog...don't forget to include your username! I will send your discount code to you by e-mail. Your info will never be shared or sold!

Use the contact form to subscribe to occasional emails (separate from the blog posts). Receive a discount code when you subscribe to emails for 1 year!
(Your inbox will not be inundated...I may send 8-10 emails per year.)

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Patrizio Pen & Pencil Set

This is the Patrizio pen and pencil set I mentioned in a previous post.  This is in gun metal finish with pearl white clay -- again using the mica shift technique for the design in the clay.  It's not textured, it's smooth.  Usually after sanding and buffing the clay parts of the pens, I give it a gloss coat and heat set it.  This one is matte. It's buffed to a sheen, but is not high gloss like the other pens.  But I liked the look with the contrast between the white clay and the gun metal and black along with the "raw" clay look.  The mechanical pencil is a button click pencil, not a twist like the pen is.  I think it makes a nice set -- would work for a man or woman.  I haven't decided, but I may make a letter opener in the Patrizio style to go with a pen...maybe in chrome since I have to replace the chrome pen that I ruined!  I thought it was going to turn out well in the light blue granite-look clay!  Oh well... I'll just have to try again!  I think a dark silver-gray metallic clay would look nice in the chrome, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment