text

Purchase ClayBeaute creations, learn about polymer clay, start a discussion, or request/commission a piece.

DISCOUNT FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS! Use the contact form in the left navigation to tell me you are following this blog...don't forget to include your username! I will send your discount code to you by e-mail. Your info will never be shared or sold!

Use the contact form to subscribe to occasional emails (separate from the blog posts). Receive a discount code when you subscribe to emails for 1 year!
(Your inbox will not be inundated...I may send 8-10 emails per year.)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

How Much Is That Doggie In The Purse Holder?

This is another type of Purse Holder I've been making.  People like their dogs and love their dog breeds...so...I thought I'd make different dog breed inserts for the Flea Market and offer to put them onto a purse holder or a magnet...whichever they prefer.  So far I have about 17 different dog breeds made and plan to offer to custom make these with the buyers' own pictures - dogs, kids, whatever image they want on it. Some have Swarovski Crystals, some do not (I didn't think it appropriate to put a crystal on a Rottweiler's collar for some reason! LOL  But the Chihuahua with the crystal collar and pink ears is awful cute!)

It took some trial and error to figure out how to make the inserts to size, apply the image, and get a good glossy shine without making it directly in the purse holder...but By George I think I finally have it!  (We hope so anyway since we're a week away from the Flea Market!  :-P)

The purse holders are the expensive part of the project, so by making the inserts I can have some purse holders on hand, but don't have to worry about them being set permanently until the customer makes her choice of insert...(I thought it was a good idea, anyway!) The clay is minimal and once I figured out the template for the images, I popped 'em out pretty quickly. 

I also plan to make some that aren't dogs...maybe some cats for you cat people! :-)  And some other designs as well. I have made some that are simply clay designs with and without crystals that don't have an image.  Some have initials on them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment