text

Purchase ClayBeaute creations, learn about polymer clay, start a discussion, or request/commission a piece.

DISCOUNT FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS! Use the contact form in the left navigation to tell me you are following this blog...don't forget to include your username! I will send your discount code to you by e-mail. Your info will never be shared or sold!

Use the contact form to subscribe to occasional emails (separate from the blog posts). Receive a discount code when you subscribe to emails for 1 year!
(Your inbox will not be inundated...I may send 8-10 emails per year.)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Signs Signs Everywhere Signs...


These signs were quite easy to make.  I purchased wood at the local home improvement store (the craft wood at Michael's for example, warps while curing the clay sometimes.) I cut it to size, sanded the cut edges and stained. Then I added a quote.  These particular quotes are rub-ons found in the scrapbooking section. (Prepare for a tired arm and hand when finished!)
I added the clay, texturized and then cured.  Some of them have some metallic accents added, some have acrylic paint accents and one has a metal medallion with a Swarovski crystal in the center. 
I added either a hemp cord or a suede cord to the back. I simply stapled it a few times, but was concerned that wouldn't hold as well, although these are pretty lightweight.  So, I added a dab of glue to hold the cord in place and then covered the ends and the staples with a piece of foam sheeting.  It looks better and also serves as a wall protector.  I included glass tiles on one -- different inclusions can make the difference between modern, country, or antique-looking.  The font the quote is written in can help decide what look you would like for the plaque in general.
These would be nice for an office or cubicle or a narrow empty wall in a home.  
Simple & inexpensive to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment