text

Purchase ClayBeaute creations, learn about polymer clay, start a discussion, or request/commission a piece.

DISCOUNT FOR BLOG FOLLOWERS! Use the contact form in the left navigation to tell me you are following this blog...don't forget to include your username! I will send your discount code to you by e-mail. Your info will never be shared or sold!

Use the contact form to subscribe to occasional emails (separate from the blog posts). Receive a discount code when you subscribe to emails for 1 year!
(Your inbox will not be inundated...I may send 8-10 emails per year.)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Twist Pen



This pen turned out very nicely. Smooth...no texture.  Pearl Turquoise and Pearl White clay colors.  Perfect for the satin silver finish on the metal components.  Fun and colorful!  The more I make the slimline twist ball point pens, the quicker they come to fruition.  The first one I made took about 4 hours!! I'm beginning to perfect my process and it is going much quicker now!  These are also very smooth writing pens as they use a  Cross(TM) style refill.  A simple pen, not fancy, but very practical, nice and unique.
I covered the barrels with a mix of the turquoise and white clay, then from a very thin sheet of the same clay, cut imperfect strips and applied the strips on top of the base layer of clay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment